Blackberry and Apple Caprese Skewers
Add sweet tasty fruit to mozzarella to create a light version of Shish Kabob.
- 12 Bamboo Skewers
- 25 fresh mini mozzarella balls
- 25 Wish Farms blackberries
- 25 basil leaves
- 25 green apple chunks
- balsamic glaze
- optional: black tea leaves
- Layer mozzarella balls, blackberries, basil leaves and apple chunks on short skewers.
- Line a tray with your finished skewers. Note: For a really unique, and yummy flavor sprinkle black tea leaves onto mozzarella balls.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze right before serving.
About the Author
Wish Farms has a long history dating back to 1904, when Harris Wishnatzki arrived in Ellis Island and began to sell fruits and vegetables from a pushcart on the streets of New York City. Fast forward to 1929 – Harris purchases property in Plant City, FL establishing a buying and shipping operation, which over the next 80 years would become one of the bigger berry operations in Florida. In 2010 the Wish Farms brand was born. Third-generation owner Gary Wishnatzki continues to innovate – even now he’s leading the industry effort to develop a new automated harvester. Today Wish Farms produces strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries from a network of farms in the Western Hemisphere, though Florida is still the homestead. There’s already a 4th generation of Wishnatzkis onboard – and a fifth is coming along right behind.