Caribbean Beef Burgers With Mango Salsa
Spicy, sweet and oh-so-simple. Ground Beef gets a peppery boost from jerk seasoning, and the freshly chopped mango salsa gives the dish a cool finish.
- 1½ pounds ground beef, 93% lean or leaner
- 2 tablespoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 large mango, peeled, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl add, 1½ pounds ground beef and 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning. Mix lightly, but thoroughly. Shape into four ¾-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 14 minutes), turning occasionally until meat thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F. Season with salt, as desired.
- In a medium bowl add, 1 large chopped mango, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper, and 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice. Mix lightly.
- Serve burgers with salsa.