Cucumber Lime Sorbet
Sorbets are traditionally served between courses during a meal to cleanse the palette. The clean, refreshing taste of this sorbet is perfect in this role. It also makes a great treat after a meal or as a snack.
- ice cream maker
- 2 Red Sun Farms Long English cucumbers, peeled and cut
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ cup granulated organic sugar Note: Artificial sweeteners will not work well in this recipe. Try monk fruit instead!
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or table salt
- Peel and cut 2 cucumbers and place in a food processor.
- Add 3 tablespoons lime juice, 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, ½ cup sugar, and ½ teaspoon sea salt. Process until mixture is smooth and chill.
- Place in an ice cream maker. Note: Follow the instructions for the machine to churn the sorbet.
- Once churned, transfer to a plastic container with a lid and freeze.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer for 5 - 10 minutes and scoop into servings dishes.
About the Author
Red Sun Farms is an unprecedented group of owners, growers, and service professionals in the greenhouse industry. The farm’s mission is to grow and promote true greenhouse vegetables and quality to customers, communities, and stakeholders. Red Sun Farms is the largest fully integrated high tech greenhouse in North America. Their final goal - being the leader in the greenhouse industry.