DiMare Salad - Season 1, Episode 01: Tomato Time
Named after the DiMare Family this salad is as delicious as it looks! The key to fully enjoying the taste is cutting the tomatoes at least ½ inch thick!
- DiMare tomatoes, cut at least 1/2 inch thick
- oregano or Italian seasoning
- fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- blue or gorgonzola cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Slice tomatoes at least ½ inch thick and arrange on a plate.
- Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning or oregano.
- Place basil leaves on top of the tomatoes.
- Top with blue or gorgonzola cheese.
About the Author
To say that our beginnings were humble would be an understatement. Florida City and Homestead in 1958 were barely dots on the map — part of a small, rural area of around 1,500 residents. Despite this fact, one man, Richard Accursio, saw potential in the two towns. He’d saved enough of his earnings as a grocery store owner in Boston to escape to the warmer climate of South Florida and go into the restaurant business.