Grilled Balsamic Steak and Tomatoes
Vegetables love the grill as much as steaks do. Tomatoes and beef Shoulder Top Blade Steaks are grilled with a fruity and tart balsamic vinaigrette.
- food-safe plastic bag
- 2 shoulder top blade steaks (flat iron), about 8 ounces each
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- Place beef steaks and ⅓ cup vinaigrette in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks in center of grill over medium, ash-covered coals and arrange tomatoes around steaks. Brush tomatoes with some of the remaining vinaigrette. Grill steaks, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill tomatoes 4 to 6 minutes (6 to 9 minutes on gas) or until softened, turning once and basting with remaining vinaigrette.
- Carve steaks into slices and season with salt as desired. Sprinkle steak slices and tomatoes with ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese, and 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel.