Lane’s Peach Cobbler
Peach Cobbler is a main attraction at Lane Farms! Our crew was able to sample it during our shoot and it did not disappoint!
- 8½x11 casserole or baking pan
- 1 quart fresh peaches, sliced
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- ½ stick margarine, melted
- Additional Ingredients: sugar and cinnamon to be used prior to baking
Prepare The Filling
- Preheat oven to 300℉.
- To a saucepan add: 1 quart sliced peaches, ¾ cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons melted margarine, and 1½ teaspoons lemon juice. Cook over medium heat stirring frequently until mixture comes to a boil. Optional: To thicken, dissolve 1 teaspoon of cornstarch in ½ cup water and stir into mixture.
- Place filling into a 8½x11 casserole or baking pan.
Prepare The Topping
- In a bowl add: 2¼ cups flour, 1½ cups sugar, 3 teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt, 1½ cups milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and ½ stick melted margarine. Mix well and pour over filling.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until brown.
About the Author
Started in 1908, Lane Southern Orchards has been growing peaches and pecans continuously for over 100 years! It's no coincidence that our farm is located in the heart of Georgia. We pack a whole lot of love in our beloved peaches and pecans, currently growing over 35 varieties of peaches and several varieties of pecans. We pride ourselves in bringing the best of Georgia from our farm to your family.