Maplewood-Smoked Bacon Beer Burgers
What's not to love about this recipe? Ground Beef patties are grilled and topped with smoked bacon and cheddar.
- 1 pound ground beef, 96% lean
- ¼ cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 extra-thick slices Maplewood-smoked bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp
- In a medium bowl add, 1 pound ground beef, ¼ beer, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four ½-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until meat thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place buns, cut-side down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place burgers on bottom of buns, top with bacon slices. Close sandwiches.