Tangy Cider Slaw
For a great take on coleslaw this fourth of July — try adding honey and apples!
Tangy Cider Dressing
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mjustard
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- splash lemon juice
- 2 cups brussels sprouts or green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 apple, sliced into thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a jar or bowl, add ¼ cup apple cider vinegar, 1 clove minced garlic, 1½ tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and splash lemon juice. Combine well.
- In a large bowl, add 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts or green cabbage, 2 cups shredded carrots, 2 cups shredded purple cabbage, 3 chopped green onions, sliced apples, and 2 tablespoons chopped parsley. Combine well to create the coleslaw mix.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mix a little at a time, stirring until lightly coated. If you have extra dressing after achieving your desired consistency, save it for later.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour. If you are making the coleslaw more than 1 hour before serving, keep the dressing and the coleslaw mix separate until you are ready to serve.
About the Author
Brittney is the Owner/Caterer at the Plated Pantry. Our goal at The Plated Pantry is to instill kitchen confidence and get people cooking! To bring that to life, we offer community cooking classes at various times throughout the year, as well as private parties that work on your schedule and come to your home or venue.