Jen's Crockpot Pork Roast
Using a crockpot is a very easy and simple way to slow cook a one pot meal. I have tested this recipe and perfected the timing to make sure all ingredients are perfectly cooked---not too mushy, not too firm.Editor's Note [Donna Sanders]: Jennifer is a good friend which makes her recipe even more special!
- 1 ( 2-3 pound) pork loin
- 6 white potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 large carrots, peeled & cut into bite size pieces
- 1 celery stalk with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a crockpot, add 1 finely chopped celery stalk with leaves, 2 cans Italian stewed tomatoes, 1 chopped large onion, 2 cups vegetable stock, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon tarragon, 1 glove chopped garlic, and salt & pepper to taste. Turn on medium heat and cook for 1½ hours.
- Add pork loin to the crockpot making sure it sits at the bottom and cover with the vegetable mixture. Continue to cook on medium heat for 2 hours.
- Add to the crockpot, 6 large peeled and cut carrots. Continue to cook on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Stir in 6 large peeled and quartered potatoes. Continue to cook on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Serve in a large soup bowl, garnish with parsley and a side of crusty bread for dipping.
About the Author
Jennifer is the owner of Skin Chic Spa in Tampa, FL and has 25 years of experience as a Licensed Esthetician. Jennifer gained the love of baking in her grandmother’s kitchen and cooking with her mother. It’s in her blood! Her specialties include rues, stews and sauces.