Summertime Caprese Skewers
Looking for a new take on Shish kebab? Try skewering string cheese, cherry tomatoes, and basil for a refreshing summertime treat.
- 12 4-inch party skewers
- 8 string cheese
- 24 small cherry tomatoes
- 48 small basil leaves, Note: Larger basil leaves can be cut into smaller pieces and used.
- 1½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Unwrap 8 Crystal Farms String Cheese and cut each stick into three equal chunks.
- Assemble the caprese skewers in this order: string cheese chunk, folded over basil leaf, cherry tomato, folded over basil leaf. Repeat that order once more and your skewers is complete.
- Repeat step 2 until all 12 skewers are assembled. Place all skewers in a single layer onto a serving platter.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Finish with a sprinkling of sea salt and some fresh ground pepper.
About the Author
Farm and family are at the heart of everything Crystal Farms does. At Crystal Farms, we source our dairy from the Midwest to help the farmers and the Co-Ops they are part of thrive. We believe sourcing from family-owned dairy farms helps us deliver the quality cheese your family deserves.