The Favorite Chef Competition winner will snag a 2-page sponsored profile in the food magazine, $25,000, a trip to NYC to cook with chef Carla Hall at Platform by JBF, and bragging rights.
Another exciting announcement from Colossal Management about the Favorite Chef Competition (this keeps getting better and better): To sweeten the already awesome pot for the People’s Choice winner in a competition celebrating, you guessed it, chefs, Colossal has partnered with Taste of Home to feature the winner in a two-page sponsored profile.
Taste of Home magazine is any cook’s dream publication. It shares simple recipes for every course and updates readers on the latest food news, holiday events, health and wellness tips, and more.
So, let’s break this down. The 2023 Favorite Chef gets:
- A trip to New York City
- A one-on-one cooking session with the legendary chef Carla Hall at Platform by JBF, a modern showcase kitchen and educational space
- The feature that we are talking about in Taste of Home magazine
- The warm fuzzies knowing there will be a ‘colossal’ donation granted to the James Beard Foundation (see more on that below) after the Competition ends
- Straight-up bragging rights
But the Favorite Chef winner and the James Beard Foundation aren’t the only ones who benefit. Competitors will have exclusive access to industry-pro workshops, including:
- Leadership In and Out of the Kitchen with Kris Moon, President and COO of the James Beard Foundation
- The Secret Sauce to Catering Events with Chef Terry Matthews (aka BBQ Daddy)
- The Art of Plating and Presentation with your girl, chef Carla Hall
- Cooking Up Engaging Content with social media influencer Melissa Anaya @eatdrinkaz
The Favorite Chef Competition ran successfully in 2021, finding Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) and Culinary Institute of Virginia (CIV) alumna Sémone Hopkins in the winner’s circle. AND Favorite Chef, LLC donated over $1.1 million (yep, you read that right) to Feeding America to help provide over 11 million (yep, you read that right, too) to those in need during the pandemic.
Now that Colossal has taken over, Favorite Chef is bigger and better than ever. With Carla Hall at the helm, James Beard Foundation as the grantee, other respected partnerships (like Taste of Home), and Colossal running things, it’s shaping up to be the biggest online culinary competition we’ve seen in years.
Are you or is someone you know a wiz in the kitchen and pretty darn good at social media? Register here to be considered for the Favorite Chef Competition. If accepted, be sure to upload photos of you/your work so the world can see your skills and vote for you once the Competition launches.
Colossal operates the Favorite Chef Competition on behalf of DTCare, a nationally registered public charitable organization that will subsequently grant donations from the Competition to the James Beard Foundation.